"Love Letter 036"
(Page 01 of 05)
From: Shaikh Muhammad Rahim Bawa Muhaiyaddeen (Ral.)
To: My Dearest Loving Older Brother,
President Jimmy Carter.
Written On: October, 2013.
For "Love Letter 036" - Page 01:
of “The Khan Academy”
“A New Company Together”
That Focuses On
In Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA.
Bawa. Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Rahim. In The Name of God, Most Merciful, Most Compassionate. Amen.
Bawa. Al-salam 'alaykum wa-rahmat Allah wa-barakatuhu kulluhu. Wa 'alaykum al-salam wa-rahmat Allah wa-barakatuhu kulluhu. May All The Peace, The Beneficence, And The Blessing of God Be Upon You, Your Family, And Your Friends.
Bawa. My Love You, My Dearest Loving Older Brother of “The One True Heart” of God, President Jimmy Carter, and that is for sure.
Bawa. Thank You Again For “Your Faith and Trust In God” That You Have Demonstrated During “Your Public Life“ In The World, It Has Always Been An Inspiration For Those of Us Living In The World Who Are Trying To Also “Make A Difference” In The World Through “Our Faith and Trust In God”, and that's for sure
Bawa. As Noted In Our Last Twelve Letters To You, All Now Contained In “Love Letter 35” (Version “J”), And Now Also In “Love Letter 036”, (Version "B"),We Have Been A Tiny Student of His Holiness, M. R. Bawa Muhaiyaddeen (Ral.) For 38 Years, Who Came To America In 1971 And Who Lived With Us And Taught Us About “The True Nature” of God Within Us, Which In Truth Is “Oneness” With Us, And If We Like, Which Is Our “Oneness” With Him, And With Each Other, Until December 8th, 1986, When His Holiness Physically Left The World, Having Established During That Time “The Bawa Muhaiyaddeen Fellowship” In America With Its Main Branch At 5820 Overbrook Avenue, In Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA, and that is for sure. Bawa. Since The Physical Passing of His Holiness From Our Presence His Children Have Loving Established Both “The Bawa Muhaiyaddeen Fellowship Web Site” (www.bmf.org) As Well As “A Holy Shrine” Near Coatesville, Pennsylvania, About An Hours Ride From Philadelphia, Where His Holiness Is Buried, Along With Now Many of His Children, and that is for sure. Bawa. We Are Writing You This Thirteenth Letter, Which You Can Also Access "On-line" As Now “Love Letter 036” (Version "B"), Again Sending It To “The Carter Center”, To Ask For Your Help In Starting Up “A New Company Together” That Focuses On “Affordable Housing” In Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA, for sure. Bawa. That Is, Specifically To Ask For Your Help, My President, In Implementing “Our Brief Plan” (Part A), Using “Our Brief Strategy” (Part B), And Specifically Using “The Detailed Strategy” (Part C) And (Part D) of “Our Proposal” To You, All Outlined Now For You In “Love Letter 035”, for sure. Bawa. That is, First Outlined For You In “Love Letter 035” Using “The First Detailed Strategy” (Part C) That “We” Have Formulated To Implement “Our Plan”, That Is, By Better Utilizing All of “The Existing Resources”, For Example, LIke Better Using Both “Senior Citizens”, And “High School Students”, As Well As Better Using People Now Working In “The Trades” And “Their Trade Unions”, And “College/Graduate Students”, And Those Currently Working In “The Professions” And “Their Professional Societies”, And In “The City of Philadelphia”, And “Their City Employee Unions”, And In “The State of Pennsylvania”, And “Their State Employee Unions”, And In “The Federal Government” of “Washington, DC”, And “Their Federal Employee Unions”. Bawa. And Second Outlined For You In “Love Letter 035” Using “The Second Detailed Strategy” (Part D, 1 & 2) That “We” Have Also
Formulated To Implement “Our Plan”, This Time By Better Utilizing
“The Existing New Technology” of “Our Age” (D-1), And By Solving “The Smokestack Problem” (D-2) of “Our Age”, In Order To Interconnect All of “These Existing Resources” To Provide “A Simple Solution” To All of “The Apparent” But “Truly False Problems” Now Facing “Our Plan” of Providing “Affordable Housing” In Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA, and that is for sure.
M. R. Bawa Muhaiyaddeen (Ral.), Who We Truly Believe Makes It Now Possible For All of Us Living In America To “Make The Switch” From “The Current State” of “Our Lives”, And From “The Current State” of “Our Country, Our Towns, Our Cities, And Our States”, To A “Much Better State” For “Our Lives”, And For “Our Country, Our Towns, Our Cities, And Our States”,
Especially One That Is More Friendly To “The Higher Nature” of “Our Lives” Which In Truth Is “The Goodness” of God Truly Inherent In All of “Our Lives”, If we like, and that is for sure.
Note 01: Click On The Following Link, Calld "A Little Bit" About Bawa", For More About "Bawa"). Bawa. And Now, Mr. President, In Our Current Letter To You, That Is, In “Love Letter 036”, Which You Can Also Access On-line By Clicking On The Following Link, “Love Letter 036”, We Will Start To Outline For You “The Detailed Plan”, Which Follows Below, That We Have Formulated To Implement “Our Proposal” To You, Using “The Brief Plan” (Part A), And “The Brief Strategy” (Part B), And “The Detailed Strategy” (Part C), And (Part D) As “A Starting Point” Only, As Outlined In “Love Letter 035”, That Is, To Start Up “A New Company Together” That Focuses On “Affordable Housing” In Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA, and that is for sure.
Bawa. Any Guidance That You Could Provide, My President, Concerning The Best Way To Set Up Such A Company, Fund It, And Make It Both “Humanly Successful” As Well As “Financially Successful” Would Be Greatly Appreciated, and that is for sure.
“The Detailed Plan”
That We Have Formulated
To Implement “Our Proposal” To You,
Using “The Brief Plan” (Part A), And “The Brief Strategy” (Part B),
As “A Starting Point” Only,
To Start Up
“A New Company Together”
That Focuses On
In Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA,
and that is for sure.
of “The Detailed Plan”
Go To "B" - Build "An On-line Systems Model"
Go To "C" - Build "An On-line Project (PERT) Chart"
Page 01 (This Page)
Page 02 (Next Page)
Page 03 (Last Page)
8. For “The Federal Government” of “Washington, DC”, And
“Their Federal Employee Unions”.
B. Build "An On-line Systems Model"
C. Build "An On-line Project (PERT) Chart"
A. Bawa. So, Mr. President, Here Is “The Information” That We Have Put Together For "Us" About "An On-line Knowledge Base" To Support "Our New Company".
Build "An On-line Knowledge Base".
And"Their Professional Societies",
And “Their City Employees Unions"
And “Their State Employee Unions"
Go To "08" - For “The Federal Government” of “Washington, DC”,
And “Their Federal Employee Unions”.
Bawa. So, My President, The First Thing That We Need For “Our New Company” Is To Answer “The Classic” Newspaper Report’s 5 Questions, When Investigating A Potential Story For His Newspaper, That Is,
“What, Where, When, How, And Why”?
Bawa. That Is, “What” Happened, “Where” Did It Happen, “When” Did It Happen, “How” Did It Happen, And Always, If Possible, “Why” Did It Happen, and that is for sure.
Bawa. And For “Our What” We Need To Deeply Investigate, Document, And
Put Into A User Friendly “On-line Format” All of The Information We Can Collect About “Affordable Housing” As It Is Currently Played Out In “Our Where”, Which In Our Case Is “The City of Philadelphia”, And “Their City Employee Unions”, And In “The State of Pennsylvania”, And “Their State Employee Unions”, And In “The Federal Government” of “Washington, DC”, And “Their Federal Employee Unions”, and that is for sure.
Bawa. For Example, This Would Include The Following Type of Information About “Affordable Housing”, Some of Which We Have Already Started To Collect, As Part of “Love Letter 35”, In "Part C" of "Our First Detailed Strategy", To You, and that is for sure.
1. For “Senior Citizens”
1-a. “The Make Up” of Senior Citizens In And Around Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and Washington, DC, How They Are Currently Used/Employed, And By Whom, And Their Satisfaction/Displeasure, And “Their Availability” And “Their Interest” In Participating In “Our New Company”, And Their Suggestions For “Moving Forward” Our Grand Enterprise, and that is for sure.
1-b. For Example, “The Mission Statement” of The AARP, Inc., formerly the American Association of Retired Persons, With A Membership of
"A nonprofit, nonpartisan membership organization for people age 50 and over ... dedicated to enhancing quality of life for all as we age.”
And “Their Motto” Is - "To serve, not to be served"
Bawa. And As A Part of Implementing “Their Mission Statement” And “Their Motto” AARP Provides Their Members With The Following Kind of On-line Help,
2. For “High School Students”.
2-a. “The Make Up” of High School Students In And Around Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA, How They Are Currently Trained/Used/Employed, And By Whom, And Their Satisfaction/Displeasure, And “Their Availability” And “Their Interest” In Participating In “Our New Company”, And Their Suggestions For “Moving Forward” Our Grand Enterprise, and that is for sure.
2-b. For Example, The Following “On-line Message” From The Principle, Otis Hackney III, Outlines “The Best of High School Worlds” Envisioned By All of “The Teachers” And Administrators In “South Philadelphia High School”,
also known as Southern High, As Follows, and that is for sure.
“Message From The Principal”
South Philadelphia High School Family:
South Philadelphia High School seeks to build excellence by providing even greater services to its community of devoted students and parents. South Philadelphia High School honors the right of each student to have the opportunity to pursue and achieve greatness by:
offering a rigorous curriculum;
insuring equitable access to resources;
establishing a climate where diversity is celebrated; and,
ensuring that students and faculty engage in relationships that foster learning, harmony and mutual trust.
South Philadelphia High School embraces its responsibility to challenge students to become analytical and critical thinkers, who will not only inherit our democratic heritage; but, who will also lead the world to peace and prosperity. The South Philadelphia High School faculty, cognizant of its mission, leads and inspires students to develop their potential by modeling the value and significance of learning.
As a community of learners, all of us at South Philadelphia High School value those qualities which distinguish great schools:
Standards and expectations for achievement are clearly defined.
Students set goals and assess their own work.
Democratic processes and multiple paths to learning ensure students, faculty and community members have input into decision making.
Students work toward becoming self-directed.
Students and teachers analytically reflect upon their goals.
Teachers know their students’ strengths, weaknesses,
and interests and personalize learning in response to that knowledge.
Student activities (social, athletic and academic) promote student health
Smaller learning communities enable students to connect with those who share the same interests.
Students will pursue internships in order to enhance their classroom learning by contributing to the community.
Individual differences are celebrated; paths to achievement take many routes.
Achievement is based not upon passing minimum requirements on standardized tests, but upon each individual reaching his potential by exceeding the requirements in all academic endeavors.
Theme based academies, project learning, and classrooms without walls will distinguish the emerging personalized high school.
On each and every day, South Philadelphia High School is a school in which we work, individually and collectively, to know, to support and to enrich our students, for we know reaching all students depends upon reaching each one. For each student is challenged with rigorous and relevant instruction as well as challenged to build and maintain positive relationships,
In the years ahead, South Philadelphia High School will emerge as a “personalized high school” of greatness: the first step in “personalization” is making small the large high school through its formation and formalization of smaller learning communities through academies. We thank you for supporting our sincerest endeavor to pursue and achieve excellence and celebrate greatness!
Yours in service,
Otis Hackney III, Principal
“After an incident occurred in October 2008 when 30 black students chased and attacked 5 Asian students, a Chinese student named Wei Chen who originated from Fujian Province, founded the Chinese-American Student Association in order to help orient new immigrants into the school and to keep records of assaults against Chinese students. Chen later organized protests after a 2009 attack on Asian students.”
2-c. Bawa. Also, There Is “This Example” of The Move To “On-line Schools” For The Children Living In Pennsylvania, Such As The “Pennsylvania Leadership Charter School (www.PALCS.org)”, With The Following “Welcoming Statement”,
“At Pennsylvania Leadership Charter School (PALCS), we believe in a parent’s right to school choice. We strive to embrace every student’s individuality, beginning at enrollment and continuing throughout their education.
Open to all Pennsylvania students and approved by the PA Department of Education, PALCS is designed to help your child achieve his or her potential. Discover how we can partner with you to provide your child with a world-class education that prepares young learners for a future limited only by imagination!”
3. For "The Trades" And "Their Trade Unions".
3-a. “The Make Up” of “The Trades” And "Their Trade Unions" In And Around Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA, How They Are Currently Trained/Used/
Employed/Retired, And By Whom, And Their Satisfaction/Displeasure, And “Their Availability” And “Their Interest” In Participating In “Our New Company”, And Their Suggestions For “Moving Forward” Our Grand Enterprise, and that is for sure.
And “The Division of Academic and Technical Education”, As Part of OVAE, Specifically, As Implementing The Administration's Proposal for Reauthorization of the Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Act (Perkins Act), With A New Focus On “Career and Technical Education (CTE) shaped by four core principles—Alignment, Collaboration, Accountability and Innovation, is responsible for helping all students acquire challenging academic and technical skills and be prepared for high-skill, high-wage, or high-demand occupations in the 21st century global economy.
And Now With OVAE's Career and Technical Education (CTE) initiatives designed to:
Administering state formula and discretionary grant programs under the Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Act (Perkins).
Providing assistance to states to improve program quality, implementation, and accountability.
Establishing national initiatives that help states implement rigorous career and technical education programs.
3-c. And Now With Organizations Like “The Association for Career and
Technical Education” (ACTE) Defining Itself As,
"The largest national education association dedicated to the advancement of education that prepares youth and adults for careers”.
That Is, As the nation’s largest not-for-profit education association dedicated to the advancement of education that prepares youth and adults for successful careers.
Founded in 1926, ACTE has more than 25,000 members; career and technical educators, administrators, researchers, guidance counselors and others involved in planning and conducting career and technical education programs at the secondary, postsecondary and adult levels. ACTE provides advocacy, public awareness and access to information on career and technical education, professional development and tools that enable members to be successful and effective leaders.
And With ACTE Now Defining “Career and Technical Education” (CTE) In The Following Way,
CTE Works for High School Students
High school students involved in CTE are more engaged, perform better and graduate at higher rates.
81 percent of dropouts say relevant, real-world learning opportunities would have kept them in high school.
The average high school graduation rate for students concentrating in CTE programs is 90.18 percent, compared to an average national freshman graduation rate of 74.9 percent.
More than 70 percent of secondary CTE concentrators pursued postsecondary education shortly after high school.
CTE Works for College Students and Adults
Postsecondary CTE fosters postsecondary completion and prepares students and adults for in-demand careers.
4 out of 5 secondary CTE graduates who pursued postsecondary education after high school had earned a credential or were still enrolled two years later.
A person with a CTE-related associate degree or credential will earn on average between $4,000 and $19,000 more a year than a person with a humanities associate degree.
27 percent of people with less than an associate degree, including licenses and certificates, earn more than the average bachelor degree recipient.
CTE Works for the Economy
Investing in CTE yields big returns for state economies.
In Connecticut, every public dollar invested in Connecticut community colleges returns $16.40 over the course of students' careers. That state's economy receives $5 billion annually in income from this investment.
In Washington, for every dollar invested in secondary CTE programs, the state earns $9 in revenues and benefits.
In Tennessee, CTE returns $2 for every $1 invested. At the secondary level, CTE program completers account for more than $13 million in annual tax revenues.
CTE Works for Business
CTE addresses the needs of high-growth industries and helps close the skills gap.
The skilled trades are the hardest jobs to fill in the United States, with recent data citing 645,000 jobs open in the trade, transportation and utilities sector and 253,000 jobs open in manufacturing.
Health care occupations, many of which require an associate degree or less, make up 8 of the 20 fastest growing occupations.
STEM occupations such as environmental engineering and science technicians require an associate degree and will experience faster than average job growth.
Middle-skill jobs, jobs that require education and training beyond high school but less than a bachelor degree, are a significant part of the economy. Of the 46.8 million job openings created by 2018, 30 percent will require some college or a two-year associate degree.
And With ACTE Now Providing Us With A Very Interesting Definition of
“Career Clusters” As Nicely Summarized In The Following Graphic, Which You Can Also Access Directly And Read About By Clicking On “ACTE”, And Then By Clicking On “What Is CTE?” On The Top Menu, and that is for sure.
---- The ACTE Graph ----
of "Career Clusters"
And "Their Trade Unions"
Bawa. So, Mr. President, Using “This Graph” As An Example, What We Are Proposing Is A New “Career Cluster” For The People Entering “The Trades”, And For Those Already Working In “The Trades”, And For Those Now Retiring/Retired From “The Trades”, Called “Affordable Housing”, and that is for sure.
Bawa. That Is, A New “Career Cluster” Called “Affordable Housing” That Truly Embraces “Everything” Necessary To Make “Affordable Housing” A Successful Reality In Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA, For The Benefit of All of “The Current Resources” Available For This New “Industrial/Community Based Enterprise/Project”, and that is for sure.
Bawa. For Example, By Using “The Existing Resources” (Part C), And By Using “The Existing Technology” (D-1), And By Solving “The Smokestack Problem” (D-2), As Briefly Summarized In “Love Letter 35” To You, and that is for sure.
4. For “College/Graduate Students”
4-a. “The Make Up” of “College/Graduate Students” In And Around
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA, How They Are Currently Educated/Trained
/Used/Employed, And By Whom, And Their Satisfaction/Displeasure, And “Their Availability” And “Their Interest” In Participating In “Our New Company”, And Their Suggestions For “Moving Forward” Our Grand Enterprise, and that is for sure.
Education”, Produced By “The Ted Group”, Or “Ideas Worth Spreading”, Hosted By Bill Gates, Salman Khan Answered The Question, “WHAT Is The KHAN ACADEMY ALL ABOUT?”,
“TED is a nonprofit devoted to Ideas Worth Spreading. It started out in 1984 as a conference bringing together people from three worlds: Technology, Entertainment, Design.
Since then its scope has become ever broader. Along with two annual conferences -- the TED Conference and TEDGlobal -- TED includes the award-winning TED Talks video site, the Open Translation Project and TED Conversations, the inspiring TED Fellows and TEDx programs, and the annual TED Prize”
In The Video Salman Khan, The Founding Father of “The Khan Academy”, Answered The Question, “WHAT Is The KHAN ACADEMY ALL ABOUT?”, Which Has The Following Mission Statement:
“Our mission is to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. All of our resources are completely free forever, regardless of whether you're a student, teacher, home-schooler, principal, adult returning to the classroom after 20 years, or a friendly alien just trying to get a leg up in earthly biology.
We're a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, and we would not be possible without the generous support of users everywhere. In particular, we'd like to thank our major supporters for helping our mission”
Salman Khan talks about how and why he created the remarkable Khan Academy, a carefully structured series of educational videos offering complete curricula in math and, now, other subjects. He shows the power of interactive exercises, and calls for teachers to consider flipping the traditional classroom script -- give students video lectures to watch at home, and do "homework" in the classroom with the teacher available to help.
In 2004, Salman Khan, a hedge fund analyst, began posting math tutorials on YouTube. Six years later, he has posted more than 2.000 tutorials, which are viewed nearly 100,000 times around the world each day.
Salman Khan is the founder and faculty of “The Khan Academy”
(www.khanacademy.org) -- a not-for-profit organization with the mission of providing a free world-class education to anyone, anywhere.
It now consists of self-paced software and, with over 1 million unique students per month, the most-used educational video repository on the Internet (over 30 million lessons delivered to-date). All 2000+ video tutorials, covering everything from basic addition to advanced calculus, physics, chemistry and biology, have been made by Salman.
Prior to the Khan Academy, Salman was a senior analyst at a hedge fund and had also worked in technology and venture capital. He holds an MBA from Harvard Business School, an M.Eng and B.S. in electrical engineering and computer science from MIT, and a B.S. in mathematics from MIT.
Bawa. Salman Khan, The Founding Father & Faculty of “The Khan Academy”, Went On To Explain In “This Video” The Following About His New Paradigm
“Lets Use Videos To Re-Invent Education”,
Talk By Salman Khan,
Founder of “The Khan Academy”
01. Teachers Using Technology To Humanize The Classroom - The Core Technology Became “The Video”, As “The Instrument” of Individual Instruction By The Student, With “The Teacher” More And More In The Role of Administrator, Or Coach, Or Mentor, And As Monitoring The Progress of “The Individual Instruction” Using The Videos, and As Facilitating “The Classroom” Interaction Between Students, And Between “The Teacher”, Such As Carrying Out Student Homework Assignments In The Classroom, Rather Than Homework After Class, All of Which “Makes Up” The Process of Humanizing The Classroom Using Technology.
02. Removing The “De-humanizing” Aspect of “The Classroom” - In This Way, We Can Remove The “De-humanizing” Aspect of “The Classroom”, With “The Students Silent” and “The Teacher” Giving “The Same Thing” To All Students.
The New Paradigm - The Paradigm “Here” Is, We Will Give You As Many Questions And Time As You Need Until “You Get It Right”, That Is, Until You Truly Master “The Subject”. Also, We Encourage You To Fail, We Encourage You To Experiment, But We Expect Mastery.
03. Self Paced Learning - If You Let Each Student Work At His Own Pace, You See Students Who Took A Little Bit of Extra Time, Once They “Get That Concept”, Then They Race Ahead, And Kid You Thought Were Slow, You Now Think Are Gifted.
04. Our Goal - Our Goal Is To Humanize The Classroom, Not Just At A Particular School, But On A Global Scale. This Is What Is Happening In Education.
05. Student To Teacher” Ratios - A Lot of Current “Humanizing The Classroom” Approaches Are Based On Increasing “The Student To Teacher” Ratios, Rather Than In Our Model, Which Is Increasing “The Student To Valuable Human Time With The Teacher” Ratio.
06. Traditional Model Vs New Model - In The Traditional Model Most of The
Teacher’s Time Is Spent Doing Lectures, And Grading Tests, And Maybe 5% of Their Time Is Spent Sitting Next To The Student, However, With Our Model, Now 100% of Their Time Is The Interaction Between “The Teacher and The Student”.
07. Flipping The Traditional Classroom Script - give students video lectures to watch at home, and do "homework" in the classroom with the teacher available to help.
08. Effect of This New Approach On Education - Imagine The Effect of This On Adults Who Have Big Gaps In Their Learning Or Young Children Who Have To Work To Help Their Parents, And About “The Peers to Peer” Teaching That Can Then Go On, That Is, of Students Teaching Each Other, First Inside of A Classroom, But There Is No Reason You Cannot Have That “Peer To Peer” Interaction Beyond That “One Classroom”.
09. “The Global” One World Classroom” - And “This” Is What We Are Trying To Build, “The Global” One World Classroom.
10. “A Knowledge Map” - First We Must Build “A Knowledge Map” of What “The Student Needs To Learn” To Obtain “Mastery of A Subject”, And Then Fill That Map In With Videos That Clearly Explain Step By Step, Until Mastery Is Achieved.
11. Feedback/Realizations From Using Initial Videos - Initially My Cousins, Which Is Where The Videos Begin, Preferred Me On “You Tube” As “Their Teacher”, Rather Than Me As “Their Cousin”, “In Person”, As “Their Teacher” . For With Me On “You Tube” As “Their Teacher”, Now They Could Pause And Repeat “Their Cousin”, If They Wanted To Review Something Again, And They Did Not Need To Be Embarrassed To Do So, Over, And Over Again, As They Would Be With “Their Live Cousin”, In This Way, They Could Watch It At Their Own Time, At Their Own Pace. Next We Realized That This Material Would Never Grow Old, It Could Be Used Over and Over Again, By Many, Many, Many People. Also, We Started To Realize That Teachers Were Using The Videos To “Flip The Classroom”, That Is, Giving “The Video” As “The Homework”, And Then Using “The Classroom” For What Used To Be “The Homework”, That Is, For Assignments To Be Done By “The Students”, But Now To Be Done In The Classroom, Now Together” In Interaction With Each Other, As “Peer To Peer”, And With “The Interaction” of “The Teacher”.
13. Replacing Traditional Model - In This Way, We Started To By Remove “The Traditional Model” of Teaching As “One Size” Fits All Students, And Instead Starting Letting The Students Have “A Self Paced” Way of Instruction At Home, Through The Videos, And Then Do Homework (Projects) In “The Classroom”, With Fellow Students, And With The Teachers, And In This Way, Humanizing The Classroom, That Is, Where “The Students”, And Now “The Video Individual Instruction”, And “The Computer Based Learning System” of Clearly Documenting “The Learning Progress, Style, And Profile” of The Student, And “The Teachers” Interaction With Both “The Student” And “The Computer Based Learning System”, Are All Interacting With Each Other To Move Forward “The Classroom Learning Experience” For Both “The Student” And “The Teacher”, And For All Members of “The School”.
14. How Do We Take It To The Next Level - We Will Generate As Many Questions, As You Need, Until You Get That Concept, That Is, Until You Get 10 Right In A Row. The Paradigm Is “Get 10 Right In A Row” And Then “Move On”, Which Is Fundamentally Different From What Is Happening In “The Classroom”, Which Is “Homework - Lecture, Homework - Lecture, Then Exam”, Then No Matter What Your Score In “That Exam”, The Class Moves On To “The Next Topic”, But The Students Still Have “Big Gaps” In Their Learning, Which Keep Building, Creating Later Failure In Many Ways, So Our Model Is Learn “Math” Like You Learn Anything - Stay On That Bicycle Until You Can Ride It Correctly. Fall Off of That Bicycle. That’s Ok, But Do It As Long As Necessary Until You Master It. The Traditional Model Penalizes You For Experimentation And Failure But It Does Not Expect Mastery. We Encourage You To Experiment And Fail, But In The End We Expect Mastery.
15. The Knowledge Map - All The Individual Lessons (Modules) Fit Into “Our Knowledge Map”. This Is “The Very Heart” of “The Method”, That Is, Everything Necessary For The Student To Master “The Subject”, With Each Step Set Up To Produce Experimentation, Failure, And Eventually To Complete Mastery of “The Subject”.
16. Our New Method - We Want To Continually Use And Mature The Natural “Flipping of The Classroom” Approach That The Early Teacher Had Written Us About, That Is, By “Flipping of The Classroom”, That Is, By Using “The Individual Video Based Instruction”, Coupled With Interesting And Challenging Homework Assignments In “The Classroom”, Supported By Both “The Other Students”, And By “The Teacher”, You Have Freed Up Teacher Time, That Is Time For “The Teachers and Students” To Engage In “The Classroom” In All of “The Application Projects” About What “They Have Mastered” Through “The Videos”, That Is, “Application Projects” Like Games, Robot Building.
17. A Complete Math Program - We Don’t View Doing “The Khan Academy” As A Complete Math Program, What It Does Is Free Up The Time For All of “The Other Things” That Make “The Math Program” Both Human, And Exciting, And Interesting, Like “The Stimulating Applications” of “The Math” Concepts To “Do Things”, To Accomplish Things.
18. Again The Paradigm - The Teacher Walks In Everyday, And The Students Work At “Their Own Pace” Using “The Video Based Instruction” Material, And The Teacher Evaluate The Student’s Progress, On-line, Through “The Computer Based Learning System”, Monitoring “Where Each Student” Is In “The Knowledge Map”, And Intervening Where, And Only Where, and When, And Only When, Needed, Or By Getting One Of The Other Kids To Do The Intervention, Which Can Be An Even Better From of Intervention.
19. On-line Computer Based Learning Systems - That Is, To Arm The Teacher With As Much “Data” As Necessary To Help The Students Successfully Move Forward Through “The Knowledge Map” of “The Subject” That Need To Master, “At Their Own Pace”, Arming The Teacher With As Much “Data” On Each Student As Necessary, For Example, About What “They Know”, What They Are Looking At, Where They Are Successful And Where They Are Stuck, And What They Are Focused On, As Well As “Their Learn Style” And Profile, Like How Long It Took Them To Master Something, And The Different Paths/Directions That They Took When Rewards Were Introduced, Like Achievement Awards And Such, Data That Is Naturally Expected In All Other Fields, Like Finance, Or Manufacture, So The Intervention of The Teacher Is Targeted And Appropriate And Effective And Helpful At All Times.
20. Self Paced Learning - The Interesting Thing That We Have Discovered Is That “The Pace of Learning” Can Be Very Different For Students, and The “One Size Fits All” Approach of The Traditional Classroom Seems To Suggest That Some Students Are Bright, and Others Are Slow, But “The Self Paced Approach” Clearly Demonstrates That “All Students Are Bright”, In Their “Own Way”. In This Way, Using “The Self Paced Learning” With These Video Tools, And These On-line Computer Learning Systems, You Have Truly Leveled The Classroom To Let “The Natural Pace”, And Interests, And Age, of The Student, Not Interfere With “His Learning”, But Rather Facilitate His Learning Experience, All of Which Makes You Sort of Wander If All of “The Labels” That Some of Us Benefited From, Like “Gifted”, Are Not In Truth Just A Coincidence of Time.
21. Our Goal Is “A Global One World Classroom” - Use Technology On A Global Scale To Humanize The Classroom. That Is, of Reaching “Our Goal” of “A Global One World Classroom”. That Is Essentially What We Are Trying To Build. Thank You
Bawa. So, Mr. President, Using “This Talk” By Salmon Khan of "Khan Academy" As An Example, What We Are Proposing Is A New Kind of
“Knowledge Map”, And A New Kind of "On-line Computer Based Learning Systems" For The People Entering “College/Graduate School”, And For Those Already Working In “The Professions”, And For Those Now Retiring/
Retired From “The Professions”, Called “Affordable Housing”, and that is for sure.
Bawa. That Is, A New Kind of “Knowledge Map” Called “Affordable Housing” That Truly Embraces “Everything” Necessary To Make “Affordable Housing” A Successful Reality In Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA, For The Benefit of All of “The Current Resources” Available For This A New Kind of “Industrial/
Community Based Enterprise/Project”, and that is for sure.
Bawa. For Example, By Using “The Existing Resources” (Part C), And By Using “The Existing Technology” (D-1), And By Solving “The Smokestack Problem” (D-2), As Briefly Summarized In “Love Letter 35” To You, and that is for sure.
5. For "The Professions" And "Their Professional
5-a. “The Make Up” of “The Professions” And “The Professional Societies” In And Around Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA, How They Are Currently
Educated/Trained/Used/Employed, And By Whom, And Their Satisfaction/
Displeasure, And “Their Availability” And “Their Interest” In Participating In “Our New Company/Enterprise”, And Their Suggestions For “Moving Forward” Our Grand Enterprise, and that is for sure.
5-b. For Example, The Following “IEEE Mission and Vision” Statements Demonstrates “The New Global” And Humanitarian Scope (Including, if you like, Our Focus On “Affordable Housing”) of “The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)”, That Is, As
“The world's largest professional association dedicated to advancing technological innovation and excellence for the benefit of humanity”.
IEEE's core purpose is to foster technological innovation and excellence for the benefit of humanity.
IEEE will be essential to the global technical community and to technical professionals everywhere, and be universally recognized for the contributions of technology and of technical professionals in improving global conditions
And In Their About IEEE - we learn:
IEEE is the world's largest professional association dedicated to advancing technological innovation and excellence for the benefit of humanity. IEEE and its members inspire a global community through IEEE's highly cited publications, conferences, technology standards, and professional and educational activities.
IEEE, pronounced "Eye-triple-E," stands for the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. The association is chartered under this name and it is the full legal name.
IEEE and its members inspire a global community through its highly cited publications, conferences, technology standards, and professional and educational activities.
The following information provides an overview of IEEE offerings and services.
* IEEE has more than 425,000 members in more than 160 countries, more than
50 percent of whom are from outside the United States;
* more than 116,000 Student members;
* 333 Sections in 10 geographic regions worldwide;
* 2,195 Chapters that unite local members with similar technical interests;
* 2,354 student branches at colleges and universities;
* 800 student branch chapters of IEEE technical societies;
* 428 affinity groups - IEEE Affinity Groups are non-technical sub-units of one
or more Sections or a Council. The Affinity Group patent entities are the
IEEE-USA Consultants' Network, Graduates of the Last Decade (GOLD),
Women in Engineering (WIE), and Life Members (LM).
IEEE has 38 Societies and 7 technical Councils representing the wide range of IEEE technical interests;
has more than 3 million documents in the IEEE Xplore Digital Library, with
more than 8 million downloads each month;
* has more than 1,400 standards and projects under development;
* publishes more than 148 transactions, journals, and magazines;
* sponsors more than 1,300 conferences in 80 countries while:
* partnering with more than 1,000 non-IEEE entities globally;
* attracting more than 400,000 conference attendees;
* publishing more than 1,200 conference proceedings via “IEEE Xplore”.
5-c. Bawa. And Next Going “A Little Deeper”, First Into “The Societies & Communities” That Make Up “The IEEE Professional Association”, And “The Education & Career” Opportunities Available Through “The IEEE Professional Association”, We Are Struck By “The Great Diversity And Scope” of This
Professional Association, and that is for sure.
Bawa. For Example, “The IEEE Computer Society” includes FREE access to 3,500 self-paced online technical and business courses, FREE access to 1,100 online technical and business books (600 titles from Safari® Books Online and 500 titles from Element K® Press), six e-newsletters, 12 monthly issues of Computer magazine, discounts on 170+ Society-sponsored conferences and two software development certifications, up to 50 percent off subscriptions to 26 peer-reviewed journals and magazines, and more. Network and learn from fellow professionals through automatic membership to one of 350+ worldwide chapters, and participate in more than 40 technical committees.
And With “A Field of Interest” of All major areas of computing and information technology: computer hardware, software, multimedia, IT, security, networking, mobile computing, and more.
“2000s—The first decade of the new century saw the launch of several game-changing Apple products: the iPod portable music player, the iPhone smartphone, and finally, by the end of the decade, the iPad tablet. At the same time, computing power continued to increase.
New computing fields such as security and privacy, green computing, and video game design emerged, along with smart grids and life sciences. Amid the growing complexity, multidisciplinary research became the norm.
The IEEE Computer Society advanced with the times, launching Computing Now, its online publications portal, in 2008, and expanding its offerings of digital magazines and online and multimedia offerings by the end of the decade.
The Computer Society also advanced further into education and training with its Certified Software Development Associate and Certified Software Development Professional credentials and the Corporate Affiliate Program that produces technical training courses and support for employees.
In 2009, the Industry Advisory Board was created to give technology executives a greater voice and IEEE Transactions on Affective Computing launched to provide coverage to a new area of computing.”
“Computing Now” is your destination site for technology professionals from all over the world. It caters to the interests and needs of the exceptional Computer Society membership as well as thousands of other technology professionals from C-level management to software developers, programmers and technicians.
The site features the latest computer news, the hottest bloggers, practical articles for daily use, a wide range of exciting editorial from peer-reviewed research to insightful opinions by leaders in the computer industry — all this comes together at Computing Now, the most up-to-the-minute online destination for computer professionals.
5-d. Bawa. And Again Going “A Little Deeper”, Next Into “The INCOSE
Professional Association”, And “The Education/Training & Career”
Opportunities Available Through “The INCOSE Professional Association”, We Are Again Struck By “The Great Diversity And Scope” of This Professional Association, and that is for sure.
“The International Council on Systems Engineering" (INCOSE) is a not-for-profit membership organization founded to develop and disseminate the interdisciplinary principles and practices that enable the realization of successful systems.
Share, promote and advance the best of systems engineering from across the globe for the benefit of humanity and the planet.
The world's authority on Systems Engineering.
* To provide a focal point for dissemination of systems engineering knowledge.
* To promote international collaboration in systems engineering practice,
education, and research.
* To assure the establishment of competitive, scaleable professional standards
in the practice of systems engineering.
* To improve the professional status of all persons engaged in the practice of
* To encourage governmental and industrial support for research and
educational programs that will improve the systems engineering process
and its practice.
Bawa. And With “The International Council on Systems Engineering (INCOSE)” Defining “System Engineering” In The Following Way,
What is Systems Engineering?
Systems Engineering is an interdisciplinary approach and means to enable the realization of successful systems. It focuses on defining customer needs and required functionality early in the development cycle, documenting requirements, then proceeding with design synthesis and system validation while considering the complete problem:
2. Cost & Schedule
4. Training & Support
Systems Engineering integrates all the disciplines and specialty groups into a team effort forming a structured development process that proceeds from concept to production to operation. Systems Engineering considers both the business and the technical needs of all customers with the goal of providing a quality product that meets the user needs.
Bawa. And “The International Council on Systems Engineering (INCOSE)” Includes INCOSE Chapters Throughout America, And The World,
Many INCOSE chapters maintain their own local website. Content includes items such as activity announcements, past presentations, local projects, newsletters, and much more. Visit the website of your local chapter to learn what is happening in your area then browse other sites to learn more about the excellent work going on around the world.
For a listing of all INCOSE Chapters & Websites, complete with points of contact, Click The Following Link, INCOSE, And Then Click On “Chapters”, At “The Top Menu”, And Finally Click On “Chapter Websites”.
AFIS (Association Française d'Ingénierie Système), France Affiliate
Central Arizona (Phoenix, AZ)
Central Florida (Tampa Bay area, FL)
Central Savannah River Area (Aiken, SC)
Central Virginia (Fredericksburg, VA)
Charleston Low Country (Charleston, SC)
Chesapeake (Columbia, MD)
Chicagoland (Chicago, IL)
Colorado Front Range (Metropolitan Denver Area, CO)
Crossroads of America (IN/IL)
Delaware Valley (Philadelphia, PA; PA/NJ)
Michigan (Detroit, MI)
Emerald Coast (Florida panhandle)
Enchantment (Albuquerque, NM)
Finger Lakes (Rochester, NY and environs)
FINSE (Finnish System Engineering) Chapter
Gesellschaft für Systems Engineering, e.V. (German Chapter)
Hampton Roads Area (Hampton Roads, VA)
Heartland (Cedar Rapids, IA)
Huntsville (Huntsville, AL)
Liberty (Whippany, NJ)
Los Angeles (Los Angeles, CA)
Midwest Gateway (St. Louis, MO)
New England (Boston, MA)
North Star (Twin Cities, MN)
North Texas (Dallas, TX)
Norwegian Systems Engineering Council (Norwegian Chapter of INCOSE)
Orlando (Orlando, FL)
San Diego (San Diego, CA)
San Francisco Bay Area (Silicon Valley, CA)
Seattle Metropolitan (Seattle, WA)
Silver State (Las Vegas, NV)
Snake River (ID)
Southern Arizona (ID)
Space Coast (Melbourne, FL)
Southern Maryland (Patuxent River, MD)
South Africa (Wierda Park, Republic of South Africa)
Texas Gulf Coast
Three Rivers (Pittsburgh, PA)
Tri-Cities (Richland, WA)
Washington Metropolitan Area (Washington, DC)
Wright Brothers (Ohio
Bawa. And With “The International Council on Systems Engineering (INCOSE)” Providing The Following Comprehensive “Certification Program” In Systems Engineering,
What Is Certification?
Certification is a formal process whereby a community of knowledgeable, experienced, and skilled representatives of an organization, such as INCOSE, provides confirmation of an individual's competency (demonstrated knowledge, education, and experience) in a specified profession or occupational specialty provides formal recognition that a person has achieved competency in specified areas (demonstrated by education, experience, and knowledge).
Certification differs from licensing in that licenses are permissions granted by a government entity for a person to practice within its regulatory boundaries. Certification also differs from a "certificate" that documents the successful completion of a training or education program.
Certification Value to YOU as a Systems Engineer
* Formally recognizes your Systems Engineering capabilities
* It is a discriminator that can aid in obtaining your next job
* Can provide a competitive advantage in your career
* Provides a portable Systems Engineering designation that is recognized
* Furthers your professional development as a systems engineer
* Demonstrates your commitment to continuing professional development.
* Participation in continuing education indicates your commitment to
Certification Value to YOUR ORGANIZATION
Formally recognizes the Systems Engineering capabilities of your people
Certified systems engineers can be a selling point and a discriminator for
* Can be used as part of the hiring and promotion process
* It encourages employee participation in continuing education
* Provides an independent internal and external assessment
* It is a tool for promoting professional competence
Bawa. And INCOSE Summarizes “Their Certification Program” In “Systems Engineering” For Us In The Following Graph,
--- INCOSE Graph ---
In Systems Engineering)
5-e. Bawa. And Finally Going “A Little Deeper”, Finally Into “The FEAPO
Professional Association”, And “The Education/Training & Career”
Opportunities Available Through “The Federation of Enterprise Architecture
Professional Organizations (FEAPO)”, We Are Again Struck By “The Great Diversity And Scope” of This Professional Association, and that is for sure.
The concept of FEAPO arose through the work of Dr. Brian Cameron, Executive Director of the Center for Enterprise Architecture at Penn State. Cameron is currently the Executive Director, Center for Enterprise Architecture at The College of Information Sciences and Technology (IST), The Pennsylvania State University. Cameron sits on the boards of and is involved in working groups of several professional organizations related to Enterprise Architecture.
The idea for FEAPO originated in the spring of 2010 as Dr. Brian Cameron was working with professional organizations involved in the Center for Enterprise Architecture. The Center for Enterprise Architecture actively engages with over 70 international corporations, industry associations and government agencies. Dr. Cameron invited representatives of the six largest professional groups that were involved in the Center for Enterprise Architecture to Penn State in June 2010 to discuss the FEAPO concept as a mechanism for the Enterprise Architecture community to undertake cross-organizational activities.
A second meeting was conducted in September of 2010. At this meeting it was decided to invite all known professional organizations that are involved in Enterprise Architecture to participate. The first organizational meeting of FEAPO with this expanded group was held on January 27 and 28, 2011 at CSC’s Executive Briefing Center. The Federation of Enterprise Architecture Professional Organizations (FEAPO) operating charter was ratified by 15 founding voting members at a meeting on June 9, 2011 in Falls Church, Va.
What is FEAPO?
The Federation of Enterprise Architecture Professional Organizations (FEAPO) is a worldwide association of professional organizations which have come together to provide a forum to standardize, professionalize, and otherwise advance the discipline of Enterprise Architecture (EA).
Australian Computer Society
The Association for Enterprise Information*
The Business Architecture Guild
The Business Architecture Society (BAS)*
The Center for the Advancement of the Enterprise Architecture Profession (CAEAP)*
CIPS-Canada’s Association of I.T. Professionals*
DAMA International Education and Research Foundation*
Data Management International (DAMA International)*
The Enterprise Architecture Shared Interest Group from the Industry Advisory Council*
The Global IT Community Association (GITCA)*
IEEE Computer Society*
International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA)
International Council on Systems Engineering (INCOSE)
Institute of Information Technology Professionals New Zealand
The National Association of State Chief Information Officers (NASCIO)*
Netherlands Architecture Forum
The Network Professional Association (NPA)*
*Founding Member Organizations
5-f. Bawa. And Now “The Academic World” Is Starting To Provide “Enterprise Architecture” As “A Core Umbrella Curriculum/Program” Integrating Many of “The Existing Curriculum/Programs” In Both “The IST and The Business” Areas, That Is, As “A New Career Path” For Students At Both “The Undergraduate” And At “The Graduate/Masters Levels”, and that is for sure.
At “The College of Information Sciences and Technology (IST)”, At
Pennsylvania State University, Offering The Following “Education/Certification
Programs” In Enterprise Architecture (ET), and that is for sure.
The Center for Enterprise Architecture is currently developing a number of educational programs in conjunction with our corporate and government center members. Major areas of focus for our educational initiatives include undergraduate education, masters education, and continuing professional education.
We are developing an Enterprise Architecture area of emphasis for our existing undergraduate Enterprise Integration major. We eventually hope to purse a joint major in conjunction with the College of Business at Penn State
We are in the process of launching our newly approved online Professional Masters in Enterprise Architecture. Applications are being accepted now. Interest in this globally unique program is very high.
Click HERE to download a brochure of the current enterprise architecture programs offered in Penn State Download a flyer on the online professional masters program in enterprise architecture
Introduction to Enterprise Architecture: The First Course in the EA Professional Development Series.
This course is designed to be the first exposure to foundational enterprise architecture (EA) concepts and practices. The course sets the "common language" for EA discussions for professionals new to the EA field as well as functional business people, customers, suppliers, and others that desire an overview of enterprise architecture and the benefits it can bring to an organization.
And "Their Professional Societies".
Bawa. So, Mr. President, Using “This Brief Journey” Through “The Current World” of “Professional Societies”, That Is, From “IEEE”, To “INCOSE”,
Bawa. And A New Kind of “Career Path”, One For “Affordable Housing”, And
A New Kind of "On-line Computer Based Learning System", One Called “Affordable Housing”, That is, A New Kind of “Career Path” For The People Entering “College/Graduate School”, And For Those Already Working In “The Professions”, And For Those Now Retiring/Retired From “The Professions”, One Called “Affordable Housing”, and that is for sure.
Bawa. That Is, A New Kind of “Knowledge Map” Or "Career Cluster" Or
"Enterprise Level Umbrella Architecture" For “Professionals”, Including “Everything Necessary" To Successfully Support “The Design/Development/
Implementation/Maintenance” of This New Kind of "Knowledge Map”, That Is,
of This New Kind of "Career Cluster", That Is, of This New Kind of "Enterprise Level Umbrella Architecture" For “Professionals”, One Called “Affordable Housing”, That Truly Embraces “Everything Necessary" To Make “Affordable Housing” A Successful Reality In Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA, For The Benefit of All of “The Current Resources” Available For This New Kind of “Industrial/Community Based Enterprise/Project”, and that is for sure.
Bawa. For Example, By Using “The Existing Resources” (Part C), And By Using “The Existing Technology” of Our Day (D-1), And By Solving “The Smokestack Problem” of Our Day (D-2), As Briefly Summarized In For You In “Love Letter 35", and that is for sure.
6. For “The City of Philadelphia” And “Their City
Bawa. My Love You - Shaikh Muhammad Rahim Bawa Muhaiyaddeen (may God be pleased within Him and with Us). Amen.
Of "Love Letter 36"